|Return to Postings|
JOB SQUAD, INC.
JOB TITLE: Grounds Worker
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Grounds Maintenance Project Manager
DATE PREPARED OR REVISED: 6-25-04
PURPOSE: Under the supervision of the Grounds Maintenance Project Manager, performs those grounds keeping tasks necessary to meet grounds contract specifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Physical dexterity. Must be able to pick up and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds, and push/pull 50 pounds, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, and handle. Must be able to see and distinguish colors. Must be able to work without close supervision, ability to follow directions and demonstrate appropriate work behavior.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE: No educational requirements, but training or experience in grounds keeping is preferred.
MANAGERIAL/SUPERVISORY SKILLS: No supervisory requirements.
SUPERVISORY/LEADERSHIP ROLE: Does not supervise staff.
GOODWILL/HUMAN RELATION SKILLS: Incumbent has contact with the public and both tact and courtesy are necessary. He/she must demonstrate appropriate work behaviors. Failure to do the above could negatively affect job function and agency reputation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND MENTAL EFFORT: Incumbent must be able to understand and carry out simple directions given orally or in written form. Work is well-defined and requires very little reflective thought, but must be aware, willing and able to follow all safety standards at all times.
INITIATIVE AND CREATIVITY: Usually involves repetitive situations being solved in the same way by using choice of skills. May require arriving at solutions by using judgment.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Incumbent must have the ability to work alone at times without close supervision, or if necessary, have a job coach supervise. Follows work schedule, and works on short/long assignments with a frequent check of performance.
IMPACT OF JOB ON END RESULTS: Completion of tasks according to direction and in a timely manner has impact on the overall success of the contract.
1. Cuts lawns, using power mower.
2. Trims and edges around walks, flowerbeds and walls, using clippers and edging tools.
3. Rake leaves and cleans or sweeps up litter using spiked stick, broom or gloved hands.
4. Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts, using shovel and rake.
5. Will operate walk behind power mower, push mower, weed-eater, and/or riding mower.
6. May operate hedge trimmers and other hand held power operated tools to shovel, trim, cut, and dig.
1. Attends in-services and training as required.
2. Other duties as assigned.
|Job Code:||Grounds Maintenance|