|Return to Postings|
JSI JOB SQUAD INC. POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: JOB COACH
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assigned Career Counselor
DATE PREPARED OR REVISED: 11/22/2016
It is the policy of JSI that there shall be a description to provide essential information about the work activities to be performed and specification, which shall identify education, experience, and skill requirements relevant to adequate performance in the position as described. There shall be no unnecessary specifications which might have the effect of disqualifying a disproportionate number of minorities, women, Vietnam era veterans, disabled individuals, persons over 40 years of age or other protected class members.
To provide direct support to persons who are employed by community businesses. S/he will establish and maintain positive working relationships with persons served, their circle of support, and employers. Provides on-the-job training/teaching and supervision to persons served who hold a variety of jobs in the community. Utilizes various methods of support/training as appropriate given each individual’s learning style, work experiences, and skills. These supports include, but are not limited to, modeling, side-by-side training, prompting, and observational supports. Teaches job responsibilities, job retention skills and appropriate social skills, and is a role model.
Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken and written word. Movements of the wrists, hands, and fingers to operate a variety of equipment and machinery. Ability to perform duties associated with job training and support. Valid WV Drivers License, access to a reliable vehicle, good driving record, CPR/First Aid, and Criminal Background Check.
The Job Coach position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Undergraduate degree preferred. Understanding of and experience with general business needs required. Incumbent must be sensitive to the needs of and barriers encountered by persons with support needs as well as the needs and concerns of employers.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Good overall computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Exceptional people skills.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to convey information orally and in a well-written format.
· Ability to transfer job activities to the worker in a systematic manner and at a pace appropriate to the worker in order for the worker to reach optimal job functioning.
· Ability to converse knowledgeably on employment issues and trends.
· Ability to work well with individuals with various labels and support needs.
· Ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employers.
· Ability to support individuals with adjusting to the ways employment affects other aspects of their lives (SSI, SSDI, Transportation, Clothing, Scheduling, Etc.).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide whatever support is wanted or needed to ensure employment success.
2. Understands and practices the philosophy and values of Supported Employment Services, including the core values of Inclusion, Access, and Self-Determination.
3. Consistently maintains a positive attitude which is imperative to successfully supporting each individual.
4. Assists each person served to be viewed as valuable to each respective business.
5. Develops techniques and strategies for entering into partnerships with persons served, their circle of support, and businesses in order to maintain community employment opportunities for service recipients.
6. Understands and then utilizes each business’s culture and norms to the greatest benefit of each person served.
7. Trains, coaches, prompts, and motivates individuals in an effort to support them to maximize their potential as employees.
8. May provide transportation to individuals served as appropriate.
9. Acts as a role model at all times and in all manner.
10. Supports individuals served with personal care support needs as appropriate.
11. Completes required documentation in a timely and complete fashion.
12. Obtains work schedules where appropriate and communicates them to program manager and job developers—asks for assistance as needed.
13. Attends individual’s team meetings and participates on behalf of their expressed wishes and interests.
14. Adheres to all agency policies, procedures, and standards.
15. Performs all other job duties as assigned.
|Job Code:||Job Coach|
|Posted On:||Monday, 8th June 2020|